Parkridge Valley Hospital Chattanooga, TN
Behavioral Health Services Coordinator, LCSW
Full Time Days with Rotating Weekends
Are you interested in working with individuals that may be struggling with behavioral or substance abuse issues? At our Parkridge Valley Adult campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others in our inpatient hospital programs. Job Summary:
The Behavioral Health Services Coordinator acts as the point of contact for direct referrals to inpatient and outpatient programs. Responsible for working directly with patients and referral sources with a focus on matching campus programs to client needs while collaborating with admissions and insurance departments. The position ensures all clinical documentation and customer service standards are maintained at all times in an effort to meet or exceed customer expectations. The position works in collaboration with transfer center, call center, hospital department representatives, and leadership teams to foster relationships with referring facilities, physicians, and hospital staff around the concept of outpatient behavioral health care.
- Assess client needs in ED or outpatient setting, and match those accordingly with campus programs
- Collaborate with Admissions and Insurance Departments
- Ensure transition to campus programs are successful
- Processes and generates daily, weekly, monthly reports and letters as assigned or indicated
- Participates in process improvement initiatives designed to improve overall functions Demonstrates the ability to process patient acuity utilizing critical thinking skills, clinical decision making, and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and facilitate patient flow through the continuum of care. Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information and communicate an accurate clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients of all ages of patients served. Completes all training and is competent in the application of Bed Management, Interqual, EMTALA and medical necessity criteria. Serves as a Parkriddge Health System consultant and mediator for ED's, physicians (and their offices), NP's, PA's, nurses, and ancillary staff. Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding all patient transfers, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement from one facility to another. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the course of action to generate the best patient clinical outcome, the physicians' preferences, and the transferring and receiving hospitals. Critical thinking skills will be utilized to insure every patient transfer promotes the well being and safety of the patient. Through effective and professional communication, acts as a liaison between physicians, patient/family, hospital staff, patient care areas, and outside agencies. Tracks and trends barriers to patient intake flow; makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems. Participates in daily bed management meetings (possibly virtual) and effectively communicates resources and issues to appropriate area of each facility. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives. Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner
- Works in Respond department on adult and child campuses as needed
Master's Degree in related field. Licensure Required. Behavioral Health experience required. Parkridge Valley
, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus
The Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus focuses on treatment of psychiatric and addiction issues in adults. Services include inpatient, outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs for mental health and/or substance abuse.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field Required
- LCSW or LPC Required
- Behavioral Health experience Required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom