The LCSW Social Worker is r
esponsible for over seeing and providing social service functions for the Hospital and provides resources for inpatients and outpatients. The social worker also maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in process improvement activities. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker also acts as chairperson of the Bioethics Committee.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education week including but not limited to infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aide and Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communication, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Uses process improvement plan to improve patient safety.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintains an environment that provides the patient and family with feelings of safety and security.
- Checks all equipment instruments prior to use to ensure proper functioning.
- Responsible to perform psychosocial assessments on high-risk patients to determine social service and discharge planning needs; always documents assessments.
- Maintains current knowledge of resources available within the community. Maintains supply of resource materials to be distributed to patients when needed. Is able to obtain other resources as needed.
- Accurately determines type of assistance/setting/resources necessary for the patient/family and provides appropriate resources/assistance/list of facilities. Makes appropriate arrangements.
- Ability to communicate with physician regarding social service and discharge planning needs of the patient. Assists the physician to facilitate post-hospital care.
- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team in identifying and addressing psychosocial needs of patient and family.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field of study, Master's degree preferred.
- Must be Licensed Social Service Worker with the State of Utah .
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom