JOB TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN or LPN) or Paramedic (EMT-P) GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Assist physicians in performing nurse procedures for the comfort and well being of patients. Interview patients and take medical history, give injections, complete lab and x-ray requests, keep charts current, and screen calls within physician guidelines. Administer prescribed medications and simple treatments as directed by physician or mid-level practitioner. The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours are Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturdays 8am-8pm, and Sundays 8am-5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 750 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and partners with HCA's 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Greeting patients and preparing them for examination or procedure. Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal conditions for physician. Instructing patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests. Obtaining vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
- Assisting with the preparation of supplies and equipment and aiding the physician or mid-level practitioner during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards. Observing, recording, and reporting patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate. Maintaining patient files, records, and other information.
- Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments. Arranging referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the provider.
- Collecting, documenting, and delivering lab specimens and obtaining lab test results and other reports.
- Notifying patients of test results and follow-up appointments.
- Cleaning and restocking exam/treatment rooms between procedures.
- Following clinic policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Instructing patient and family regarding medications and treatment and discharge instructions.
- Assisting the provider with physical exams and in preparing for physicals.
- Contacting pharmacy to order prescriptions and notifying patients.
- Keeping an accurate and up to date inventory of medications and monitoring controlled substances.
- Controlling inventory and monitoring the use of supplies.
- Maintaining up to date stock and monitoring and maintaining medical equipment.
- Responding to and screening telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician. Triaging patients to ensure productive departmental flow.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement
Potential Military Occupational Specialist matches include these Army MOS codes: 68C
- This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Ability to provide quality patient care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain the strictest patient confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep a positive attitude with patients, peers, providers, employers, insurers, and family members.
- Ability to present a positive image of the facility.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a certified paramedic.
- Minimum of two years experience in a hospital or clinic setting is preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse(LVN), or Paramedic (EMT-P)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom