The Licensing Sales Specialist (LSS), is a sales professional who is responsible to close Volume Licensing (VL) deals and see them through to processing. You will manage the pricing of VL deals and will continually seek out revenue growth opportunities through up-selling and cross selling. You will work with and through the wider sales teams, both internally and externally to Microsoft in order to achieve targets. You will be measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality deals. You will provide expert advice and consultation to the sales team in relation to licensing solutions for customers in complex scenarios. You will be the escalation point for any requirements to discount deals or adjust customer contract terms and conditions. You will hold specific discount and customer contract concession approval authority in order to close volume licensing deals. You will create strategic plans for the sales team that maximizes the monetization of VL.
You will have to demonstrate an insatiable appetite to continuously learn, as well as energize the company’s mission on empowering every person and every organization on this planet to achieve more. Ensure the Volume Licensing solution meets customer needs by creating & proposing Volume Licensing solutions to Microsoft’s largest Enterprise customers. Act as a Volume Licensing Consultant for the sales team to find the optimal licensing solution. You will drive the licensing sales motion for a defined set of customers in the US Federal Government, including Civilian government and agencies, Department of Defense and/or National Security & Intelligence.
Examples of your business impact activities:
• Agree on the best commercial Volume Licensing deal through definition & negotiation of the commercial terms in collaboration with the Account Team.
• Manage any discounting or changes to Volume Licensing customer contractual terms using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed.
• Work though and with various sellers, both internally and externally to Microsoft such as channel partners, tele-sales teams, Microsoft account teams, other technical solution sellers in order to achieve revenue targets. Manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
• Land on-time Volume Licensing revenue by overseeing the deals through the negotiation to processing & invoice.
• Create and manage the licensing Plan for the assigned sales accounts. The plan maps out how to maximize the commercial Volume Licensing opportunity for the account.
• Contribute to the licensing community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution.
• Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
• Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
• Comfortable speaking at all organizational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
• Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
• Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyze data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
• Team player and collaborative to work across Microsoft’s new sales organization and highly virtualized teams.
• In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft product licensing & programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
• 5+ years of sales and licensing experience
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
• 5-7 years of sales and negotiation experience is desirable
• Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
• Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
• Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.