What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft envisions a cloud-empowered world. A world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness and more sky’s-the-limit thinking. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. At Microsoft we know this mission would be impossible without incredible, passionate and talented people. We want every employee to contribute their unique skills, discover their passions, and chart a course that makes a difference. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We take pride and live the Microsoft Values every day.
Join us and be one who empowers billions!
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
To learn more about Microsoft’s values, please visit: https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/sites/msw/Company/Values
The Impact You'll Be Making
The Licensing Sales Specialist (LSS), is a sales professional who is responsible to close Volume Licensing(VL) deals and sees them through to processing. You will manage the pricing of VL deals and will continually seek out revenue growth opportunities through up-selling and cross selling. You will work with and through the wider sales teams, both internally and externally to Microsoft, in order to achieve targets. You will be measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality deals. You will provide expert advice & consultation to the sales office in relation to licensing solutions for customers in complex scenarios. You will be the escalation point for any requirements to discount deals or adjust customer contract terms & conditions. You will hold specific discount and customer contract concession approval authority in order to close volume licensing deals. You will create strategic plans for the sales office that maximizes the monetization of VL. You will have to demonstrate an insatiable appetite to continuously learn as well as energize the company’s mission on empowering every person and every organization on this planet to achieve more. Ensure the Volume Licensing solution meets customer needs by creating & proposing Volume Licensing solutions to Microsoft’s largest Enterprise customers. Act as a Volume Licensing Consultant for the sales office to find the optimal licensing solution.
Examples of your business impact activities:
• Agree on the best commercial Volume Licensing deal through definition & negotiation of the commercial terms in collaboration with the Account Team.
• Manage any discounting or changes to Volume Licensing customer contractual terms using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed.
• Work though and with various sellers, both internally and externally to Microsoft such as channel partners, tele-sales teams, Microsoft account teams, other technical solution sellers in order to achieve revenue targets. Manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
• Land on time Volume Licensing revenue by overseeing the deals through the negotiation to processing & invoice.
• Create and manage licensing Plan for the assigned sales accounts. The plan maps out how to maximize the commercial Volume Licensing opportunity for the account.
• Contribute to the licensing community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution.
Who We Are Looking For
• Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
• Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
• Comfortable speaking at all organisational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
• Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
• Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
• Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful.
• In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
• Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
• Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
• Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.
• BA required
• 5 years of sales and negotiation experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.