Job Location: United States : Pennsylvania : Johnstown
The Licensing Specialist 1 works at the direction of a Supervisor to deliver quality service to management and associates by responding to their inquiries in an accurate, timely fashion. The Licensing Specialist 1 ensures all inquiries and transactions are handled in an efficient, effective and high quality manner.
- Provide expert Licensing Services to MetLife and its subsidiary companies and broker dealers.
- Handle calls and or written requests received from customers regarding Licensing policies and procedures by accessing various systems to obtain needed information.
- Receiving and responding to correspondence as needed.
- Accurately documenting all customer interactions so we are able to follow the processing trail.
- Being aware of transactional and/or call volumes and trends in order to assist the Supervisor in developing recommendations for process improvements.
- Interpret and be able to explain Licensing rules, regulations and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all organizations across the enterprise that interact with the Licensing area.
- Ability to interpret and apply all state and company guidelines as they relate to Licensing.
- Be able to consider the various states regulations.
- Have an understanding of the License and Appointment process with each state.
- High School Diploma.
- 0-2 years of relevant business experience.
- Strong customer service orientation and experience.
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability to interpret various external regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidentiality and tact in dealing with sensitive employee information.
- Sense of urgency.
- Follow up and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency in desktop application software MS Excel and Work.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51101
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.