Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The primary role for this Life Sciences Business Development Manager position is to prospect for new clients by networking, via social media, profiling targeted trade shows, and other means of generating interest from potential clients. The BDM must be able to target specific clients within Life Sciences segments. This is a strategic role to approach clients by uncovering and addressing their challenges. The BDM will develop a rapport with new clients while setting targets for orders and sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship using creative approaches and presenting new solutions. The BDM must possess a thorough knowledge of the Life Sciences equipment market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. This position requires a strong will and desire to “hunt” for new business. Motion Control experience with servo, stepper or automation is required.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients to realize increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings with client decision makers and SEM USA stakeholders.
- Plan strategic approaches with emphasis on value-add solutions to meet client’s challenges.
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service by obtaining the client’s budget.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships based on market needs.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, as required with channel partners.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and channel partners that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit Monthly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM management system.
- Forecast orders/sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing/internal staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a supplier list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose that will continually enhance the company’s performance.
Business development management positions require a Bachelor's degree (technical degree preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of sales and/or marketing experience.
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
West Coast, US. New England, US.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.