Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lifecycle Operations Engineer - Windows
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Alpharetta, Atlanta
The Lifecycle Operation Engineer is member of the GE Digital Compute Lifecycle Management Team will concentrate on increasing the overall effectiveness and quality of server vulnerability/patching remediation throughout the enterprise. This team member will focus on remediation execution, automation, streamlining processes, improving technique, and performing troubleshooting as needed. This role will work closely with other teams to manage quality, availability, and overall systems health.
* Responsible for security patching of Microsoft Windows systems in the enterprise. Scope includes Operating System and targeted software applications for 40,000 MS Windows servers globally.
* Improving processes to reduce/eliminate downtime and increase the scope of work
* Develops scalable, automated solutions that improves quality of the vulnerability/patching management program
* Implement operational tools to implement, monitor, and alert patching results
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot Windows operating system functionality to resolution after patching. Implement process and scripts improvements to remediate future issues.
* Expertise with vulnerability management remediation techniques
* Ability to quickly identify and resolve patching errors. Develop and continuously improve the pre and post process scripts to eliminate future errors.
* Ability to adapt and improvise in time sensitive situations
* Partner with Engineering teams on tools selection
* Communicates effectively to customers prior, during, and after implementation windows
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical /IT field, OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience as windows systems admin
* A desire to automate and continuously improve repeatable and manual tasks
* Strong automation and scripting skills in Ruby, Python, Perl, PowerShell or similar language
* Experience with Agile application development practices
* Understanding of Windows clustering solutions
* Knowledge of Virtualization, Networking, Storage, and Data Center technologies.
* Knowledge of change management, problem resolution and associated tools
* Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
* Flexible, continuous learner and knowledge sharer
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.