Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
Ensures the safety of patrons of our aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Handles customer complaints in a timely and effective manner. Essential Functions:
- Empowered to make decisions that directly affect the guest's experience in a positive fashion.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility and the lifeguards; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Responsible for enforcing pool and facility rules with patrons.
- Knowledgeable and competent about emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services. Ability to remain calm and have a calming demeanor during stressful situations.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Pool Manager/General Manager. Be an active participant in in-service trainings.
- Must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be ensured.
- Manages the flow of guests in and out of the pool area.
- Ensure that the bathroom/shower area is clean at all times.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Completes all duties of a lifeguard.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or handouts.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Manager during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by managers for each dept. during EMS training.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Current Lifeguarding Certification & CPR/First Aid Certification preferred
Ability to complete Lifeguarding Certification
Knowledge of principles, methods and practices for organized aquatic and recreation programs; techniques for effectively dealing with the public in person and rules and regulations about pool operation. Equipment Used:
Chemical Machine, Pool equipment, First Aid Equipment Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.