Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine user interface, workflow, data management and metadata management system requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and perform hands on development of system specification design for solving the business use case and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Develop and review Java, LifeRay, Python, node.js, angular.js, and scripting framework workflows to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- In-depth knowledge and hands on development experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgress, Rest API's, and Microservices.
- Experience developing and integrating applications and data by using Amazon Step Functions, Container Service ECS, RDS- Postgress, Lambda, Simple Queue Service (SQS), and API gateways.
- Hands on experience developing front-end, work flow driven and UI intensive applications leveraging angular.js, react.js, node.js frameworks for Single Page Architectures.
- 4 years of hands on experience with LifeRay portal development.
- Hands on experience developing Amazon Web Services Cloud computing solutions is required.
- Experience integrating Jenkins with the code pipeline and CI/CD with AWS
- Certified AWS Developer is highly preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.