The Blizzard Entertainment cinematics team is seeking an experienced lighting /compositing artist (Temp) to jump into working on Blizzard's imaginative worlds. These positions are for 2018.
We are looking for someone with the experience and passion to make our shots epic. If you're interested in diving into that which makes up the worlds of World of Warcraft (WoW), Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and other interesting projects, come join us! Responsibilities
- Design and implement lighting of characters and environments for shots that meet and enhance the given art direction.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Fully understands an "iteration intensive" shot pipeline.
- Work with FX department for integrating and developing FX.
- Working closely with visual effects supervisors, producers and the lighting / compositing supervisor.
- Ultimately responsible for completing all lighting and compositing of shots.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the feature film or commercial production environment
- A strong knowledge of Nuke, Maya, Linux, Renderman, Redshift, and can easily adapt to a new pipeline and proprietary lighting tools
- Able to plan and execute complex 3D lighting scenes, including working with layers and passes
- Able to determine best approach to solve lighting and compositing challenges and develop final overall look
- Able to perform all tasks associated with the compositing and lighting process, including 2D tracking, layering of elements, color grading, roto work, projection of elements, and extensive 3D compositing
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets
Required Application Materials
- Experience in working in a full 3D Animated Pipeline
- Resume (PDF Please!)
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio Requirements
- Provide a demo reel and demo reel description/breakdown of you work per shot
- Demo reel should display a firm artistic understanding of light and composition
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.