Licensed Clinic Manager
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posted: December 20, 2017
Reference ID: 20751-63606
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Manages one or more clinical and administrative functions related to the operations of the clinic or practice. Serves in a leadership role within the practice.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. May have direct patient care duties.
2. Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for the assigned clinical areas.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of clinical plans.
4. Selects, trains/orients, and supervises departmental personnel. Responsible for work assignment and daily operations.
5. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
6. Resolves problems in clinical areas and ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
7. Helps fiscal management and other administrative staff to develop/implement cost effective policies and procedures for all clinical areas, as well as billing, insurance, fee schedules, credit/collections, purchasing, and space planning.
8. Monitors and controls clinical expenditures to remain within budget.
9. Serves as liaison between clinic and external agencies.
10. Works with medical staff to ensure quality patient care and services are provided.
11. Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
12. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
13. Performs related work as required.
14. Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
2. Knowledge of health care administration practices.
3. Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
4. Knowledge of government and reimbursement regulations and requirements.
5. Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
6. Skill in verbal and written communication.
7. Skill in researching, preparing, and presenting comprehensive reports.
8. Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
9. Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public, external agencies.
EXPERIENCE - Five years of clinical experience in a medical office setting is required including 2 years in a clinical management position.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - MA, LPN or RN is required. CPR Certification.