Posted: February 08, 2017
Reference ID: 1070830318
Adecco is assisting in hiring a Line Cook for a technology company located in West Los Angeles. This company is all about creativity and self-expression in their app, and in their kitchens! Their restaurants are a landing place for experienced cooks who are tired of dirty, mismanaged, kitchens or for confident up-and-comers willing to learn, grow and work in a clean professional environment with only the best ingredients. They change the menu every day! They cook food from around the world. Anything from Ramen, Indian Curries, Mexican Moles, to Vietnamese cuisines. They source ingredients direct from the Santa Monica Farmers market and local farms. You'll work out of their headquarters in beautiful Venice beach! You will be expected to know your way around a kitchen, be clean, organized, and have a sense of urgency. You must be interested in and enjoy the challenge of creating healthy dishes every day from scratch. Fine dining, production, and catering experience preferred. Reliability and positive attitude are crucial. Pay is $18.00/hr. Full time, long term contract, Mon-Fri (OT when needed, extended hours)
1. Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Chef.
4. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
5. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
6. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
7. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
8. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef at any time.
1. Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
2. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
3. 2 years previous line cook experience working with fine foods or in a fine dining setting.
4. Production/catering experience
1. English language and professional communications skills are required.
2. Ability to take direction.
3. Needs to have a Sense of urgency
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
6. Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
7. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
1. This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
2. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
3. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
4. Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
5. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.