Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Line Coordinator to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
Under limited direction of the Facilitator, provides administrative and operational support to assigned manufacturing lines. Safely and efficiently executes daily tasks including entering and reviewing data, ordering materials for production, and coordinating manufacturing resources.
The Line Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
• Orders raw materials/supplies through purchasing system.
• As required, enters data into Quality Management Systems i.e. NC, Audit, and CAPA. Assists with investigations/corrective actions/product dispositions as required.
• Creates mark-ups of procedures to ensure accuracy of documentation changes.
• Labels and segregates nonconforming materials.
• Keeps accurate and legible records; conducts final review of Batch Records as required.
• Confirms line metrics are up-to-date.
• Confirms all associate training is up-to-date. Assists in training associates for compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and local policies as required.
• Monitors attendance for Facilitator approval and investigates discrepancies as needed.
• Under limited direction of the Facilitator, provides operational support to assigned manufacturing lines:
• Assists in the supervision for specific manufacturing lines, ensuring optimal use of equipment, personnel, and materials
• Assists the Facilitator in monitoring line performance and work operations as needed and provides work directions to production associates.
• Investigates aging batches and prioritizes flow to meet production needs.
• Records production and inventory information, including cycle counts, into the manufacturing production planning systems.
• Assist or lead the start-up/close-out meetings as required.
• In the absence of the Facilitator, conducts IPT Meetings.
• Maintains work tracking databases as required i.e. downtime trackers, day by the hour, etc.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Facilitator.
• Ensures safe working conditions and supports safety initiatives within the facility, such as emergency response, ergonomics, safe behavior programs, etc.
• Complies with all environmental, safety, and occupational health policies (i.e. ISO14001 & OSHAS18001)
• Demonstrates teamwork in identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems within the department.
• Adheres to FDA and worldwide quality systems.Qualifications
• High School Degree is required, Bachelor’s preferred (preferably Engineering) or technical equivalent. A desire to continue education is highly preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing process experience within the regulated industry required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to facilitate meetings.
• Proficient in computer skills and use of software applications (JDE, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
• The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and occasionally crouch or kneel.
• Continuous run site (24/7), must have schedule flexibilityPrimary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function