Kashi? Hey, that's a funny name. Thanks! We like it too. Our name stands for wholesome foods made with real, plant-based nutrition. Inspired by our founders' dream of healthier living for all, we create real foods from great ingredients made by incredible people. And we want you to join us - to help share our story and our food. Help us create positive change in ourselves and in the world by joining as a Packer in our state-of-the-art Allyn, WA plant!
While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we'll build a stronger future for our company and your career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
To be part of our success in your role as part of the Line Crew, your duties may include but are not limited to:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting carts, barrels and sheets of ingredients, product and pallets of finished goods.
- Preparing, cleaning and verifying cleanliness of processing/ packaging equipment and other items in your work area.
- Maintaining production efficiencies and product quality by means of frequent auditing and executing immediate corrective action where needed.
- Operating, disassembling, assembling, cleaning packaging and processing equipment
- Trouble shooting operation issues, executing root cause analysis and performing preventative maintenance tasks
- Maintaining high standards of quality, safety and housekeeping as well as assuring completeness of associated documentation
- Any other job duties as assigned
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Ability to work safely
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Physically must be able to push, pull, bend, squat, reach and walk/stand for up to 12 hours and be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Willingness to learn, apply and teach others
- Must be able to work individually as well as in a group with others
- Must be ready and willing to work overtime as required
- Must be willing to work all shifts and days of the week, including weekends
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting or a related position
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Operational understanding of manufacturing processes
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety processes and regulations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written
Kashi is an independent business unit within the Kellogg Company and is the leading natural foods company in the US and the largest in the world. Kashi's dream is to make it possible for people everywhere to embrace natural healthy living by being firmly rooted in plant powered passion. Our dynamic portfolio of brands includes Kashi, Bear Naked, Stretch Island, and Pure Organic. Behind these brands, we have products in ten grocery categories. We love ingredients, taste and the undeniable fact that good food makes you feel, well, good. And that fuels our relentless desire to make a difference in everything we do.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.