Monsanto is seeking highly a motivated individual to become an integral member of a multidisciplinary breeding team. The SoybeanLine Development Breeder
is responsible for the development of improved soybean varieties with a focus on agronomic traits such as yield, standability and disease tolerance.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to help them increase yields in a sustainable way. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
The Line Development Breeder will directly interact with key partners throughout Monsanto Technology, including field testing, data science, engineering, molecular breeding, logistics, trait integration, and product characterization. This role offers the opportunity to work with the world's largest global germplasm pool and incorporate advanced marker-assisted breeding tools to develop superior varieties.Responsibilities:
- Develop new lines with superior performance while managing genetic diversity and native trait allele frequencies
- Champion breeding innovation and pipeline optimization efforts
- Influence the development and implementation of new technologies, IT tools, logistics improvements, and data science
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with partner teams to ensure that pipeline product deliverables are executed and ensure meaningful knowledge-sharing during pipeline hand-offs
- Develop people-work closely with research station management to fully participate in staff development
- PhD in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Crop Science or related field of study
- Strong background in plant breeding, molecular genetics, field plot technique and statistical analysis, molecular biology and molecular marker applications.
- Familiarity with data science and computer programming and a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large datasets
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Experience with automated phenotyping/remote sensing and the interpretation of imaging data
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.