Human Resources Business Partner, Jamestown Engine Plant
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a $2 billion revenue generating engine plant, located in Jamestown, NY. The successful candidate is part of the plant management team and will oversee human resources operations for over non-unionized 1300 employees. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Qualifications: Required Experience
- Partners with human resources leadership and business and functional leaders to develop and implement business unit human resources initiatives and policies.
- Establishes strategies in alignment with Corporate Human Resources strategies, and coordinates the business or functional resources to attain the business goals.
- Directs human resources processes for the organization and is responsible for the effectiveness of the broad range of Human Resources processes.
- Partners with business leadership to align human resources strategies, policies and processes with the business's current and future goals; establishes plans to meet business objectives.
- Establishes strategies with the business units on the selection and retention of the diverse talent required to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Partners with business unit leaders to link human resources to business strategies and results.
- Provides employee development expertise and oversees systems to drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Implements work systems and an environment that allows employees to achieve high performance.
- Ensures compliance with key government legislated requirements and adherence to human resources policies and procedures in complex regions or across multiple businesses or functions.
- Evaluates key performance indicators to drive functional and business performance improvements related to human resource investments; leads initiatives focused on achieving performance excellence in human resources.
- Communicates and consults on all areas of human resources programs, including compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management in alignment with common global human resources strategies and processes.
- Coaches and mentors one or two levels of direct reports; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Skills/Attributes Conducting An Investigation
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Union avoidance.
- Strong Influencing skills and the ability to navigate complex relationships & develop an HR team.
- Possesses in depth knowledge of business ethics policies and practices, and utilizes that knowledge to determine the appropriate course of action. Recommends appropriate resolutions and follow up actions as a result of investigations, taking into consideration the organizational environment. Has experience training, coaching, developing and influencing others as it pertains to the investigation process. Diversity Management
- Has experience training, coaching and developing others on implementing and administering policies, procedures and tools related to diversity in the workplace.
Labor And Employee Relations
-Applies knowledge of key factors necessary to build and maintain positive employee relations and implements practices that materialize these factors. Experienced consulting on strategies and processes to ensure positive employee relations. Communication
- Significant experience in written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company. Labor/Employment Law
- Demonstrated ability to consult all levels of the organization on issues and decisions requiring extensive knowledge of labor and employment law. Organizational Development
- Consults with others on the use of theories and frameworks in the areas of organizational development, effectiveness, behavior and design. Can identify organizational development issues and develop strategies to improve organizational performance. Performance Management
- Trains and coaches others on all aspects of performance management including methods, tools, processes and systems. Workforce Planning
- Possesses strong knowledge of workforce planning approaches and understands the connection of organizational goals and the development of strategies designed to meet future organizational needs.
- Experience leading succession plan management through an organization plus the ability to coach others in succession planning processes and tools. Education, Licenses, Certifications
Compensation and Benefits
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required
- Education, Licenses, Certifications: SPHR, GPHR or PHR preferred
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.