Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Job Description Direct operations of employees on a window production line, ensuring that safety, housekeeping, and quality policies and procedures are adhered to while achieving hour/unit and yield goals.
- Ensure all employees are following all safety policies and procedures set forth by the management team
- Actively provide feedback on opportunities for improving safety-related policies and procedures
- Ensure and drive 5S principles and housekeeping standards within area of responsibility
- Ensure all employees are following all quality policies and procedures set forth by the management team
- Hold employees accountable for hitting productivity targets
- Training of new hires on specific area of operation; cross-training of employees as needed to minimize production interruptions and ensure quality compliance
- Communicate issues to appropriate personnel on assigned shift (supervisor, maintenance, human resource, etc) and to adjacent shift
- Communicate opportunities for improvement in operations
- Support and sustain all continuous improvement activities within area of responsibility
- Complete administrative duties as assigned (process monitors, start of shift checklists, safety audits, etc.)
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required; Associates Degree or higher preferred; equivalent experience may be substituted
- Excellent attendance and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Ability to lead and hold people accountable to expectations
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team building skills
- High initiative and self starter
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with speaking in front of groups of 20+ people on a daily basis for shift start up and other meetings
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new applications quickly)
- Ability to learn all positions within the department
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.