In-dept knowledge of and a minimum of 4 years hands-on Red Hat Linux experience.
* Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
* Assists in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
* Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
* Experience with PKI Infrastructures, server certificates, Certificate Authority, Secure DNS (DNS SEC).
* Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors system maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
* Thorough understanding and workings of Server protocols including, NTP, SMTP, SFTP, and email routing.
* Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
* Thorough understanding and workings of incident handling protocols, PII, Server network procedures, and classified information handling.
* Able to install and maintain the Red Hat Linux Server operating system and various Linux applications and services such as Apache, TomCat, Kerberos, LDAP, Puppet, Satellite Server, Bind, and Postfix, Bash, Python, and Perl scripting.
Linux and Python experience.
Needs a clearance.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.