This individual will be included in all projects that require integration existing Linux infrastructure. This individual will also assist in maintaining and monitoring all Linux physical and virtual servers. The ideal candidate will be process driven and have must have a strong attention to detail.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication skills and work well in a fast-paced, growing environment. The candidate must be able to support and maintain systems in an enterprise environment. This individual will be someone who can take direction from senior management, but also seek opportunities to improve and stabilize the environment, and implement efficiencies in daily processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include participation in an "on call" rotation and after-hours availability. Responsibilities include enforcing the Data Center server standards, policies and procedures, setting up and maintaining user accounts and managing access control.
- Hands on experience RHEL 7 containers
- Hands on experience with Docker (It's an open-source project that automates the deployment of Linux applications inside software containers)
- Technician responsible for managing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Create and maintain documentation on Linux server builds, policies and procedures, ensuring they are accurate and current.
- Responsible for installation of RHEL including scripted installation as well as 'Bare-Metal' builds ensuring team standards are maintained.
- Responsible for the implementation of security controls in order to ensure a secure environment
- Responsible for maintaining and provisioning user accounts utilizing Centrify Server suite.
- Monitoring of all Linux servers within the enterprise
- Responsible for deploying security updates and patches to the Linux platform
- Provide guidance on best practices for server configuration, patching and system management
- Provide guidance and insight into the hardening of all Linux servers within the environment
- Assist the Sr. Director of Data Center Operations in ensuring all project related work is performed according to specified timelines and scope ensuring successful outcomes
- Management of the VMware infrastructure to include installation of ESXi servers.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance on all projects involving Linux Servers
In addition there will be increased activity and responsibilities required to satiate the requirements for implementing security controls. This includes the adherence to policies defined by the Security Engineering team, and the administration and management associated with securing End Points.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.