Candidate must have Linux administrative skills to support systems and scripting/coding skills for automation Description
Manages and coordinates the administrative activities and operational support for a large, complex Linux based system and all its components. Responsible for coordination of hardware and software installation and upgrades. Monitors system performance and capacity. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with DP staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. Responsible for site setup, user training, hardware software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware software logs and operating procedures. Coordinates basic user administration adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores. Design, implement, and maintain orchestration/script for end user deployment of Linux workloads. Documents standards and operating procedures for the Linux based system and acts as a technical resource to the DP staff and systems users. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Leads others to solve complex problems takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead teams or projectsQualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies (essential RHEV/Linux VM)
- Design, implement, and maintain environments (essential - RHEL 6/7)
- Design, implement, and maintain orchestration/script for end user deployment of VMs (essential - Shell, Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, Puppet, Ansible)
- Design knowledge of containers and Docker (desirable)
- Implement and Maintain Sendmail/Postfix Mail Servers (desirable)
- Knowledgeable about native and third party AD authentication tools on Linux like Vintela.
- Implement deployments across various IaaS providers: AWS or Azure (desirable)
- Execute performance tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for Linux environment (essential)
- Support Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring (essential)
- Provide 3rd level support where needed, including systems diagnostics and systems tuning (essential)
- Interface with and guide application owners and developers to install, develop, and maintain, the application servers (essential)
- Establish processes and procedures for application loading and configurations (essential)
- Creation of architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run-books (essential)
- Contribute to the design, development and execution of system changes (essential)
- Provide 7x24x365 support for the company (essential)
- Late nights and weekend work will be required (essential)
In addition to the qualifications above, the candidate must be able to work well in a team environment while providing leadership in areas of expertise. Candidates will be interviewed for potential in all areas of responsibility described and must also have the skills below:
- The candidate should be a self-starter, have the aptitude to work on complex projects individually, and at the same time excel when working in a team environment.
- 5 years experience in information technology and a four year Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent written oral, written, and technical documentation skills.
- Extensive experience managing a production environment
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.