TEKsystems is seeking a Linux system administrator for an opportunity with client located in Orlando, FL.
Top Three Skills:
1. Linux: Experience troubleshooting and configuration experience with servers in production including strong understanding of Linux command line tools supporting application environments. (70% operations and 30% project work). Oracle Linux is what they use so Red Hat based systems is required. (CentOS, Fedora other flavors of Red Hat Linux are acceptable).Scripts: Scripting to automate tasks within Unix/Linux environment. Bash/Korn/Shell/perl scripts or any other are acceptable.Windows/Linux: Experience connecting Active Directory and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) logons to authenticate in Linux machines.
(Nice to haves)Oracle Enterprise Manager: Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage, monitor, and provision Oracle Linux servers.Nagios for their monitoring tool, Quest for authentication services.Virtualization: Experience troubleshooting and configuring virtual server environments. They use Microsoft Hyper V.
Maintain high availability and redundant Oracle Linux operational environment. 70% of the time will be spent troubleshooting and resolving issues escalated via ticket system from tier 1 and tier 2 teams.
30% of the time will be spent on the responsibilities below, including: assisting in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.