This role is focused on keeping the Linux Server environment operating optimally and keeping the environment highly available, well performing and secure.
- Install, maintain, and manage Linux server life cycle
- Maintain Enterprise Linux server operating environment, including core services and patching
- Install/Deploy, monitor, troubleshoot Linux server environments
- Troubleshoot Linux Server fault and performance issues, and provide solutions
- Operation of Linux based solutions on Amazon Web Services Infrastructure or Azure
- Manage and Configure EC2 instances and AMI's
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Relevant Linux certifications are a plus. Specifically RHCE: Server and RHCT
- 3 to 5+ years IT experience with at least 2 years providing Linux server administration and management
- AWS or Azure experience
- Deep understanding of the Linux Server operating system internals (RHEL 6.x and 7.x)
- Strong understanding of supporting technologies; storage, networking, security, virtualization
- Ability to harden and secure Linux servers
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of NFS management, Satellite and Puppet.
- Understanding of File permissions management
- Ability to clearly communicate findings, recommendations, and solutions
- Experience with Oracle DB server, Oracle RAC Clusters, and IIS a plus
- Experience with Automated Deployments
Job ID 00016157
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.