GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In the role of LIPB Assembler 2, you will perform a series of steps in the manufacturing process of electronic assembly, which are assembled in accordance with military specifications; ability to work various jobs within home department
Essential Functions/Responsibilities In this role, you will:
• Perform assembly steps, with little or no assistance to, PC board assembly and soldering, chassis wiring and soldering, mechanical assembly, and inspection
• Follow operation sheets, engineering drawings and engineering change orders in completion of the assembly tasks
• Exercise care to ensure that each step in the process is completed correctly and that the part or finished product meets the quality specifications
• Maintain records as required to charge direct labor time to specific product amounts
• Perform duties using a variety of small hand tools and related production equipment
• Provide training and mentoring for other employees as required
• Perform other routine operations within fairly similar situations as required
• Provide written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
• Keep workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
• Understand and comply with all Company, safety rules and regulations
• Engage and participate in a self - directed teaming environment
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience
• IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 Certifications (or ability to get certified)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Skills in handling basic or simple tools and/or measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, radius gauges, etc.
• Basic to intermediate computer skills
• Skills the basic ability to interpret & follow drawings, operations sheets and perform in- process inspections
• Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
• Past experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
• Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
• Lean manufacturing knowledge
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia, Islip, Ronkonkoma, Suffolk,
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.