About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Senior Scientist position is available for a highly motivated and creative candidate to work on lipid nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems for oncology drug delivery.
The ideal applicant will lead in design and characterization of lipid nanoparticle formulations. This position will require management of all aspects of lipid particle formulation including concept, planning, production, tracking, recording, and data analysis. Experience with analytical assay development for a drug delivery product (e.g. lipid and/or polymer nanoparticle) is essential. Experience working with nanoemulsions, liposomes, nanocomplexes for parenteral delivery is highly desirable. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. In addition, the person is expected to be a key contributor with the project team(s). He/she will manage their own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for own projects (timelines, work plans, deliverables).
• Major responsibilities will include the preparation and characterization of novel lipid-based formulations of small molecule-based as well as biologic therapeutics and lead the development and optimization of new and existing assays.
• Formulate lipid based nanoparticles for the delivery of small molecules and/or biologic therapeutics in various tumor models.
• Design and execute experiments independently to evaluate the preclinical characteristics of nanoparticle drugs.
• Effectively collaborate with other members of the Oncology-Rinat Research & Development and supporting partner lines.
• Present findings to project teams and governance bodies, prepare technical reports, and contribute to regulatory filings.
• Position requires no direct management of personnel
• PhD degree with 1-3 years, MS degree with 7+ years, or BS degree with 10+ years, of relevant experience (with at least 3+ years of industry experience for a BS degree and at least 1+ years of industry experience for a MS degree).
• Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, immunology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field.
• Previous experience with lipid based formulations and analytical instrumentation such as HPLC/UPLC for small molecule and/or biological therapeutic quantification is highly preferred.
• Applicant should be bright, organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment.
• Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to group projects in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to perform and interpret experiments reliably and to advance projects aggressively towards defined goals is expected.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.