The Class A Bulk Tanker Driver delivers industrial atmospheric or liquid gas products to customers on a scheduled route or intermittently as needed to service our customer demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Safety First Culture: Safely drives Class A Bulk Tanker Truck to destination and operates equipment on vehicle to safely load or unload cryogenic liquids.
• Responsible: Responsible for pre- and post-trip inspections, and adhering to Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs and practices.
• Customer Service Focused: Meets with customers and prepares delivery ticket specific to the bulk product delivered
• Detail Oriented: Maintains records using handwritten logs or on-board computer that includes hours of service, vehicle inspections, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations.
• Team Member: Maintains contact with supervisor and/or logistics center to receive delivery instructions.
• Good Housekeeping: Maintains truck cleanliness
• Flexibility: Maintains a flexible work schedule that is based on the customer's supply demands. At most of our facilities tanker drivers work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Direction: Reads maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Airgas is a highly safety driven and customer service oriented company. Applicants should possess the same attitude and high standards in regard to safety and customer service. At some locations trucks are equipped with Drive-Cam. At all locations we require the use SMITHSAFE, CONE/Goal and other safety procedures and practices.
• Must be available to work nights, some weekends, and some Holidays.
• Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily; frequent bending also required.
• Must be able to work occasional extended hours/weekend, plus overnight stay if necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED desired.
o Must have verifiable over-the-road Tractor-Trailer driving experience and have driven more than 50 percent of the day in all categories listed below.
• Current Airgas Associate
o Currently driving Class A Tractor-Trailer with 12 months experience in that equipment.
• External candidate
o Must have 5 years Class A Tractor-Trailer experience in last 9 year
o OR 2 years Class A Tanker experience in the last 4 years.
• Military Driver Candidates
o Driver candidates with 2 year Tractor-Trailer Tanker experience with confirmation of experience.
• Upon hire all new drivers must successfully complete the following Airgas Tanker Training:
o Perform at least 8 hours of classroom training
o Complete 100 hours of on-road training by a driver trainer or similar.
o Successfully pass a written test with 90% or better and correct to 100% with a trainer.
• Constantly (68-100% of work time).
• Basic knowledge of computer systems and able to use Internet.
• Onboard computer system on some vehicles.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: .
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maps, gauges and telemetry, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Maintains contact with supervisor and/or logistics center to receive delivery instructions.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess valid class A Commercial Driver License with Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) and Tanker endorsements.
• TWIC card may be desired at some locations.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and smell.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.