A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking an Liquid Plant Production Technician in Tucson, AZ.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
* Responsible for safe operation/maintenance of an ASU plant.
* Monitor/make operating adjustments to process for optimized efficiency
* Perform liquid plant startups/shutdowns
* Operate/maintain analyzers, pumps, compressors and refrigeration equipment
* Fully support, accurately complete, maintain and instill corporate health, safety, quality, environmental policies/procedures and relevant documentation at the facility
* Actively demonstrate identified acquiring skill sets in daily operational duties
* Actively pursue own growth/career development through self-initiative practices; work with resources made available as coordinated with supervisor
* Participate in operational/routine maintenance tasks within facility work group without interruption of customer product deliveries
* Foster open communication amongst all facility technicians in relation to best practices, operational/facility needs, safety issues/concerns and sharing operational knowledge/expertise
* Assist/work closely with mastering technicians with daily facility needs, including administrative function responsibilities as delegated by supervisor, facility record keeping/documentation, CMMS input, work order generation
* Study/maintain site-specific standard operating procedures, P&IDs, PFDs, all other technical documentation as relates to operational/equipment processes
* Generate initial documentation for on-site contractor, vendor, guest, visitor site-specific training needs
* Escort on-site contractors, vendors, guests, visitors throughout facility as needed
* Active participation in facility safety meetings and inspections
* Load/unload Liquid transports as necessary
* High School diploma or GED required; Associate's degree desirable or technical training (or equivalent experience) preferred
* 2 years of related operations experience
* Ability to share "On-call" responsibilities as needed
* Ability to fill in for vacations and emergency shift relief coverage as situations warrant
* Experience with refrigeration, reciprocating compressors, water treatment, absorption beds and desiccant dryers, analyzers, computers, and other process equipment
* Knowledge/prior experience of refrigeration systems, chemical plant and handling of hazardous materials preferred
* Ability to lift up to 60 LBS
* Must have high safety standards; ability to work with little supervision on an 8-hour shift schedule.
* Ability to wear required PPE safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots and FRC clothing
* Overall understanding of plant safety rules, regulations, company safety policies/procedures
* Exhibits understanding of governmental regulations including environmental permitting/compliance, loading/quality assurance (QMS policies/procedures), basic electricity, CMMS and maintenance management process, and all HSE issues associated with the facility
* Conduct acceptance test/start-up reviews with operations and maintenance
* Ability to learn/follow national/local standard operating procedures; follow through on instructions; work with minimal supervision; perform light/routine maintenance; read/interpret blueprints, flow charts, process piping ISOs, simple schematics, P&IDs, electrical
schematics; perform basic math operations; calibrate all plant process analytical equipment; keep accurate records, be diligent in documentation and record retention policies/procedures
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.