A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Liquid Plant Technician - LaPorte, TX.JOB PURPOSE:
The Liquid Plant Technician will monitor, control, and maintain the LCO2 process within normal operating parameters. And to perform quality tests on LCO2 product to ensure compliance with quality and food safety requirements. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safe start-up, shutdown, and efficient operation of the liquid CO2 plant.
- Performs assigned repairs and installations on all plant production equipment.
- Performs quality tests on LCO2 product per Airgas procedures.
- Is trained in food safety procedures and will operate the facility in compliance with the food safety policy.
- Completes preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Performs equipment inspections to ensure proper operation and safety.
- Communicates equipment operation and repair functions with production management.
- Identifies and communicates safety hazards and quality deficiencies to production management.
- Monitors and records operational data to written logs and software systems.
- Clean-up as required including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
- 50% Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes).
- 50% Control room / lab (conditioned space).
- On-call and shift work required.
- High School or equivalent
- Prefer 2 years post High School and Technical training in craft discipline or chemical operator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Five (5) years experience in a chemical production/manufacturing environment.
- Operational aptitude to become a "subject matter expert" on the LCO2 process and equipment.
- Able to work effectively alone or with teams.
- Self starter able to take direction and problem solve to correct operational problems with plant production equipment.
- Good written and verbal skills with basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Proficient with data entry and manipulation of production software and inventory systems.
- Must be in good physical condition and pass company physical test (IPCS Test).
- Function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 and ammonia vapor present in the facility. Able to think clearly and troubleshoot during time-sensitive outages.
- Essential job function requires occasional lifting of items weighing at least 50 pounds. Turning wrenches and valves requiring pulling strength. Ability to safely climb ladders, work overhead, and walk on non-level surfaces.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.