Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Reporting directly to the Liquidity Risk Management Lead, this position is responsible for supporting liquidity risk management efforts, including performing enterprise stress testing activities with focus on product liability characteristics and realization of asset sales under various scenarios. This position requires frequent interaction across functions to understand liquidity risk under various scenarios and support communication efforts with internal and external stakeholders on liquidity matters.
- Assist with the liquidity stress testing process in support of the enterprise, including the maintenance of the liquidity stress testing model and alignment of assumptions across the organization
- Consolidate, validate, and provide regular reporting of liquidity stress testing results to senior leadership
- Support the development of policies and procedures and maintain documentation for the management of liquidity risk and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support development and execution of the liquidity risk governance framework, including documentation of the contingency funding plan
- Develop an understanding the company’s liquidity risk position and leverage input from Investments, Finance, and Risk to enhance liquidity stress testing processes and technologies
- Perform analysis to support recommendations to Lines of Business to drive effective liquidity risk management decisions
- Perform analysis on the cost of liquidity supporting product pricing
- Support financial, regulatory, Board of Directors and senior management reporting activities related to liquidity stress testing and liquidity risk management
- 3+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the areas of liquidity stress testing, liquidity risk management, and asset-liability management within large complex financial organizations
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end liquidity stress testing process or related experience that can serve as a foundation to develop liquidity risk management capabilities based on knowledge of product liability and asset characteristics
- Experience with regulatory principles and rules
- Knowledge of financial markets and economics, including complex interactions between economic and operational factors, impact on product performance and financial results, and resulting effect on liquidity position of the company
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline required; MBA, CPA, and/or CFA strongly preferred
- Actuarial or investment experience in both life and annuity industry, with focuses on ALM and financial planning concepts
- Ability to challenge assumptions and results and is comfortable communicating and influencing business partners based on these results
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.