We are looking for a senior Sr. Electronics System Engineer to support the development of a new family of tools at the Applied Materials' Display Division. Main activities include deriving top-level specifications and defining appropriate overall architecture; working with both internal and external engineers to detail these designs; and to validate 1st article prototypes. Projects include both analog and digital designs.
He/she will be working along-side other top engineers on an exciting new technology that will significantly impact our industry and will provide solid personal career growth opportunities either at the individual contributor level or in a management track. Key Responsibilities
- Lead and/or develop and execute complex projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design; and attend design reviews and provide input to meet market requirement specifications (MRS) and hardware/software specifications. Ensure designs meet market requirement specifications (MRS). Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand system requirements. Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings and drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a top level system.
- Write detailed specifications that cover all aspects of subsystem modules including interfaces to the product by using systems analysis to create a diagram. Create concepts for complex architectural design approaches. Lead team evaluations of architectures to provide recommendation for best system solution approach.
- Provide feedback on variety of components and modules.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of difficult, complex engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Interface with other groups to workout design, systems architecture development and integration issues.
- Define all equipment interfaces and systems architecture and insure they are up to date and documented.
- Work with vendors to develop new competitive products, including development of key suppliers.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
The candidate selected for this position will possess and demonstrate the following skills, education and experience, as detailed below:
- BSEE required; MSEE desirable
- 8-10 years of work experience in Electronics design
- Previous experience designing embedded systems - experience integrating FPGA's and/or GPU is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of design tools (ie Orcad) and simulation tools (ie Spice)
- Strong experimental and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead junior engineers in testing and troubleshooting activities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.