Johnson & Johnson Legal Department is recruiting for a Litigation Paralegal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Litigation Paralegal will:
• Act as a liaison between in-house counsel, outside counsel and affiliate companies.
• Consult, assist, and coordinate with in-house counsel on all aspects of case management including conducting case assessments; responding to third-party inquiries and subpoenas; overseeing discovery responses, updates, and deadlines; gathering and compiling case materials; drafting and revising correspondence, and other litigation documents; and interviewing clients for relevant case information.
• Ensure compliance with corporate reporting requirements. Identify and coordinate interaction with key players (i.e. witnesses, document custodians, consultants and experts).
• Educate outside counsel on corporate relationships, product information and company logistics.
• Accept service of legal documents and ensure that proper service of legal documents has been effected for various corporate entities.
• Duties specifically relating to discovery include overseeing collection of records and other information for dissemination to outside counsel; reviewing complaints/subpoenas to identify pertinent document categories to preserve; drafting and issuing document hold notices to proper entities; providing guidance to Records Managers; fielding inquiries from notice recipients; considering privilege issues; ensuring timely responses to discovery/subpoena demands; and ensuring appropriate timing for release of hold notices.
• Work with matter management and electronic document systems (LawManager and iManage Systems) to ensure case status and documentation is updated in a timely fashion.
• Analyze outside counsel and vendor bills.
• Ensure adherence by outside counsel to billing and budgeting requirements.
• Audit outside counsel invoices to identify non-compliance with billing guidelines and enforce reductions.
• Review and monitor case budgets, including analysis of budget vs. spend.
• A minimum of an Associate's Degree or a Paralegal certification is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of full time experience as a paralegal is required; litigation experience is preferred.
• Experience with product liability litigation and/or government/internal investigations is preferred.
• Experience with e-discovery is preferred.
• Experience with LawManager is preferred.
• Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required.
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
• The ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet time deadlines is required.
• Candidate must be a self-starter who is detail oriented, analytical, has strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Candidate must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be able to interface effectively with clients, attorneys and other professionals.
• Database systems experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) is required.
• Travel up to 10% on occasion is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.