We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Performs moderate legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorney(s).
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains schedules and calendar for assigned attorney(s).
- Composes a variety of correspondence, pleadings and various legal forms from dictated, handwritten or verbal correspondence.
- Receives and processes incoming mail. Coordinates time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations, IMEs, meetings and site inspections.
- Contacts clients, witnesses, court reporters, interpreters, claims personnel, and others to confirm scheduled appearances as instructed by assigned attorney(s).
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and keeps up-to-date with court rules and legal deadlines.
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors for assigned attorney(s).
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Legal Office Administrator or Managing Attorney.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting, bending and stooping.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year relevant experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Word processing experience on personal computer.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.