We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Performs moderate to complex legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorney(s); keeps staff up to date on new court rules and office procedures.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of civil litigation support experience. Our office is located in Downtown Oakland City Center and is close to the BART!
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains schedules and calendar for assigned attorney(s).
- Composes a variety of correspondence, pleadings and various legal forms from dictated, handwritten or verbal correspondence. Receives and processes incoming mail.
- Coordinates time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations, IMEs, meetings and site inspections.
- Contacts clients, witnesses, court reporters, interpreters, claims personnel, and others to confirm scheduled appearances as instructed by assigned attorney(s).
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and keeps up-to-date with court rules and legal deadlines.
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors for assigned attorney(s).
- Implements training schedule for entry level secretaries and administrative staff.
- Performs other functions as assigned by Legal Office Administrator or Managing Attorney.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting, bending and stooping.
High school diploma or equivalent.
18 months as a Trial Secretary 1 with FIG or two years of outside civil litigation experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Word processing on personal computer.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: