McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking an LMS Implementation Engineer to join our team. This position will be a remote role requiring a minimum of 85% domestic travel.
The Labor Management System Implementation Engineer is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of the Labor Management System (LMS) across all McKesson Medical-Surgical Sites as well as the on-going maintenance and optimization of existing LMS sites. This individual is a critical member of the team responsible for the LMS system configuration including warehouse mapping, job code creation & mapping, training on site supervisor level staff in system functionality, employee observations and labor counseling techniques. In summary, this team is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and the effective design and implementation of an LMS that will generate millions of dollars in labor cost savings. Furthermore, members of this project team will be used for on-going special projects and intersections within Distribution Center Operations including but not limited to Slotting, Warehouse Design, Transportation, and Labor Modeling Operations.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process change and improve warehouse operational efficiency in line with the Implementation & Go-Live of an LMS.
- Participates in multiple tactical and strategic projects across multiple sites and teams within the system implementation to deliver incremental revenue, cost reduction and working capital optimization
- Reports to the Director of Labor Management Solutions
2+ years of experience in project management, process improvement, analytics or WMS/LMS implementation
- Ability to travel extensively (minimum 85%) to domestic DC locations in the United States
- 1+ year’s experience navigating Labor Management Systems, Enterprise platforms or Warehouse Management Systems
- 1+ year’s experience Lean or Six Sigma Process improvement
- 1+ year’s experience with Work Measurement/Master Standards Data (MSD) or Motion & Time Studies
- Past experience in the implementation of Red Prairie’s/JDA’s LMS & WMS preferred
- Experience with drawing/design with AutoCad preferred
- Excellent communicator including excellent written, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Established troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain credibility with various levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-dimension team/culture
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to use sound judgment to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Self-motivated, organized and capable of handling multiple responsibilities and projects to successful completion
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detailed oriented.
Must have the ability to travel domestically a minimum of 85%
4 year degree in Industrial Engineering and/or Business Discipline or equivalent experience
General Office requirements
Ability to travel domestically 85%
Ability to work in distribution center environment
Ability to walk 2-5 miles/dayBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.