7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
Load Balancer Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious technology professionals who are passionate about application availability and load balancing engineering to join our team!
- Provide centralized engineering expertise for new implementations, cloud environment integration, project designs, and standards development.
- Ensure adherence to defined network engineering processes; identify and help influence platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction.
- Provide proof of concept testing and business case inputs.
- Define enterprise standards and load balancing service solutions for acquisition integration
- Collaborate with other Capital One engineering towers to provide strategic solutions.
- Feasibility engagements with business groups to ensure vetted network solutions are incorporated early in the process.
- Work with project teams to define and implement centralized load balancing solutions, as well as ongoing technology refresh and enhancements.
- Contribute to enterprise load balancing strategy as well as support of security compliance initiatives; evaluate, test, and deploy new technologies and solutions.
- Create and document policies, procedures and standards related to load balancing.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel; provide knowledge transfer and Tier 4 escalation support for Operations.
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with proven ability to collaborate across a variety of distributed teams.
- Extremely organized individual with the ability to participate on multiple project teams.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of network fundamentals, common Internet protocols, application traffic flow, server load balancing, global load balancing, and firewalls.
- Experience with designing and supporting complex network solutions in both data centers and cloud environment, including high-availability solutions.
- Have performed hardware refresh, software upgrades, migrations and complex troubleshooting techniques.
- Bachelor's degree, Military experience, or 10 years of IT work experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in technical leadership of medium IT projects.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks.
- At least 6 years of experience in all technical aspects of application availability and load balancing engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience with F5 technologies including iRules, advanced health checks within LTM & GTM, and Viprion products and virtualization including vCMP.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or technical discipline
- At least 1 year of experience with NetScaler, A10, or other ADC platforms.
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies.
- At least 1 year of experience with load balancing solutions in public cloud environments (AWS / Azure / Google).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.