Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Loader in Elk Grove Village, IL!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you! This is a first shift position: 6:00am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The (Cylinder) Loader will be responsible for loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on / off trucks in compliance with federal, state, local regulations. The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse/material-handling equipment.
- Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are strapped in.
- Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspectio n of cylinders prior to filling.
- Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
- Segregates out test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
- Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing operations or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to safely operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to live by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may frequently be required to transverse through various Airgas and customer locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
- Requires occasional use of computer and telephone.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Repetitive motions necessary to provide delivery of products.
- Regularly required to transport and move 60 pounds; required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.