GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Loads and Simulation Sciences, Wind Advanced Technologies
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Wind Advanced Technologies team is responsible for providing technical leadership in conceptualizing and maturing new technologies, products, and services that will reduce the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) for wind energy.
The Loads and Simulation Sciences, Wind Advanced Technologies will be a member of the Advanced Technology team with a focus on advancements in mechanical loads assessment and simulation platforms for systems modeling. You will be responsible for emerging technologies in blade aero-mechanics, drivetrain dynamics, and overall power conversion are generating a need for more sophisticated platforms to support technology development and business growth as well as ownership of multiple processes and tools is critical of the role along with their translation to new technology introductions (NTI). Expertise in the application of simulation tools along with exploratory case studies will support the generation of a technology roadmap for onshore wind energy.
As the Loads and Simulation Sciences, Wind Advanced Technologies, you will:
• Own advanced design studies of aero-mechanical loads assessment for interactions that influence power performance and operational control
• Lead life cycle management aspects for mechanical and electrical components and controller strategies effecting hardware robustness
• Champion the application of new IEC (Integrated Electronic Component) certification processes and systems simulation tools for product development
• Sponsor programs and drive the translation of mechanical and electrical performance metrics into analytics for digitization strategies
• Explore turbine operability improvements with conceptual design studies and field trials and support the validation of predictive tools
• Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (Product Line, Systems, Center of Excellence, Global Research Center) to develop new technology, perform trade-off studies, and demonstrate capability to deliver cost out
• Be recognized as a domain expert in the subject area of simulation platforms and mechanical loads assessment and contributes to initiatives related to fleet performance, new product launches, and intellectual property assessments
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical or Computer, from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in power generation, aerospace, or automotive industries
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
• Green Belt or equivalent quality certification
• Experience in numerical methods, finite element theory, and life estimation for modeling complex rotating machinery
• Experience with system simulation tools such as Flex5, FAST, RoBOT or other industry tools
• Experience in certification procedures for wind turbines with IEC (Integrated Electronic Component), GL (General Ledger), and other industry standards
• Experience with Mark VIe programmable logic controllers and software programming languages such as Simulink and Toolbox
• Experience with controller simulation and hardware integration testing through software, processor, and hardware in-the-loop testing
• Experience with validation and data acquisition tools such as FAMOS, Matlab, or other industry tools
• Experience in project management tasks ranging from strategic scope definition, tactical execution, management report outs, and multi-generational planning
• Wind turbine experience in all of the above
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment and lead matrixed teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to influence stakeholders throughout the organization
• Well versed at applying critical thinking skills when performing problem analysis and defining resolution tasks
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.