Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Loan Booking and Servicing- Commercial Loan Operations - Bethesda, MD
Capital One Commercial Operations is looking for candidates to support the growing specialty lines of business within commercial loans, such as Healthcare Real Estate finance. The Specialty Operations Team supports day to day operations of loans pertaining to unique or niche industries that require special handling and industry knowledge. The primary function is the handling of day to day loan booking, servicing and ongoing maintenance. The role includes analytical components related to various loan/fee accruals and calculations as well as ongoing/ad-hoc reconciliation and remediation. Great communication skills and product knowledge is also critical to success in order to clearly convey complex concepts and issues in a clear and concise way and to people with varying levels of product knowledge; as well as to work collaboratively among stakeholders and help facilitate ongoing change management.
Some of the primary functions of the role include:
- Control and manage a portfolio of active credit facilities; beginning with initial booking through payoff
- Book newly closed loans and related activity in loan accounting system
- Process loan requests (draw downs, pay downs, interest payments); interest and exchange rate fixing, manual interest and fee calculations, as well as, billing and liquidations
- Work closely with respective business units and other internal partners to align needs and provide support as needed
- Perform manual loan tracking enhancements, cash breaks analysis, reconciliations of interest fees and letters of credit, and comprehensive testing of system enhancements
- Review of, and extraction from, legal documents for compliance, interpretation and operational viability.
- Develop, design, and implement inter-departmental controls and risk reducing processes
- Serve as liaison for both borrowers and investors by responding, resolving, and expediting inquiries, discrepancies, and special requests
- Prepare and submit periodic (daily and above) departmental and team reports and metrics
- Establish and maintain Customer Satisfaction as the singular priority
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 years’ loan operations related experience
- Commercial loan servicing experience
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Systems and market platform experience, particularly ACBS, Loantrak, Clearpar, Intralinks, and Syndtrak
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.