About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description
The position of Loan Underwriter is primarily responsible for: Mortgage Operations - Underwriting and evaluating conventional, FHA, VA, and CRA Residential Mortgage applications in compliance with bank policies and procedures.
- Underwrite ethical and salable residential mortgage loans and consumer loans and evaluate risk while insuring the quality of each loan submitted
- Approve loans, issue alternative options, or adverse action accordingly using sound judgment while applying bank policies and procedures
- Validate the data entry to the appropriate Loan Operating System and evaluate all applicable documentation as required by job function
- Demonstrate In-depth knowledge of regulatory, investor and departmental lending policies for underwriting of conventional loan requests
- Evaluate all documents and condition loan accordingly. Inform Processor of any additional items necessary to substantiate loan request
- Identify loans for exceptions while ensuring proper procedures are followed for approval and documentation. Assist in clearing or resolving any issues
- Notify Operations Manager and/or Director of Mortgage of integrity issues and ensure files are compliant to internal guidelines and external regulatory requirements
- Maintain knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Mortgage Operations: 2 year degree or equivalent experience preferred. 3+ Years Residential Loan Underwriting Experience
- Front-line Underwriting Experience Preferred Outstanding knowledge of loan underwriting documentation requirements
- Mortgage Operations - complete knowledge of FNMA DU automated underwriting system. Must also be familiar with underwriting jumbo loans and government products such as FHA and VA loans
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of personalities and the ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Within 90 days of employment, you must be able to complete underwriting test cases and pass underwriting assessments Travel is required for training Hours M-F 8:00 - 5:00 Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) South Carolina City (Primary) Greenville * Additional Cities in Primary State Lexington ProvState 2 Florida City(s) 2 Jacksonville
ProvState 3 New Jersey City(s) 3 Mount Laurel
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.