The Local Market Sales Manager (LMSM) is responsible for developing and growing profitable car rental and truck rental revenue in a defined geographic territory to support ABG's off airport car and Budget Truck business strategy. Revenue development will come from a broad range of potential car and truck rental customers including, but not limited to: small businesses, hotels, retailers, sports teams, moving companies, and package companies. The LMSM will be instrumental in developing sales strategies to acquire and retain customers, working with their Territory Performance Managers and other ABG sales managers, as well as guiding and directing Agency Operators and Truck Dealers to maximize their business through joint sales efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Avis, Budget and Budget Truck products and services.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize all sales opportunities.
- Implement strategies to drive profitable revenue growth and market share.
- Build and maintain effective referral relationships to maximize referral opportunities.
- Deliver effective presentations including proposals to customers and business reviews to management.
- Identify, respond and solve business issues for customers and provide win-win solutions that add value.
- Coordinate the negotiation of rates and contract terms to solidify pending deals.
- Close deals and effectively communicate the value of Avis, Budget and/or Budget Truck solutions and how they will meet the customer's needs and business objectives.
- Maintain account files, report documentation and proposals/bids using the Salesforce.com system.
- Participate in tradeshows, chamber of commerce functions and other local events to strength the relationships of our brands in the marketplace.
- Communicate regularly with Sales' and Operations' teams regarding marketing trends, customer concerns and effectiveness and best practices for sales strategies.
Competencies for Success
- Ability to generate new and innovative ways to sell products and services.
- Strong and effective skills in all areas of research, probing, prospecting, lead generation and negotiating in order to uncover new business opportunities, develop existing accounts and deliver results.
- Ability to demonstrate ease and professionalism when meeting with clients.
- Excellent business acumen and strong planning, organization and priority setting skills to leverage relationships, both internal and external.
- Collaborative style and a team player with peers and senior leadership.
- Must have a high degree of integrity, credibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, plus a minimum of two (2) years successful outside sales/account management (utilizing direct sales techniques) required.
- Willingness to travel overnight for business is required.
- Valid driver's license required.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description. #LI-TT1
A little about us: