Driver CDL Class B - Route Driver
If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas
. As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies. JOB SUMMARY:
Drives truck over established routes to deliver products to internal and external customers.
Shift time: 3:00am to 1:00pm. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Drive truck to deliver dry ice to customer's place of business. Issue or obtain customer's signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack , and other warehouse equipment.
• Obtain customer signature, ensure piece count matches load manifest, and collect empty dry ice boxes to be returned to the plant and/or branch.
• Provide customer service and give feedback from customers to Branch Manager.
• Maintain accurate driving log information and data.
• Perform pre and post trip inspections on truck according to DOT and company maintenance checklist. Keep inside of truck clean.
• Comply with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements.
• Secure cargo prior to and during transit.
• Maintain appropriate driver's license and DOT Medical card.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
* Airgas is a highly safety driven and customer service oriented company. Applicants should posses the same attitude and high standards in regard to safety and customer service, We use drive-cam, SMITHSAFE, CONE/Goal and all other safety procedures and practices. Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Class B CDL driver's license with Airbrakes endorsement.
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) expectations:
- No preventable accidents in the last three years.
- No DUI in the last seven years.
- No more than two minor moving violations in the last three years.
- No serious violations in the last three years (reckless driving, speeding 15 ).
- No suspensions in the last three years, except for failure to pay child support.
- 1-year experience driving commercial vehicle or diploma from an accredited truck driving school required within the last four years.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Retail local delivery route experience strongly desired.
For immediate consideration, contact Michael Powder (Recruiting Manager) via text / phone at 470-389-9925. Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak effectively with customers or employees of the Company. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Frequent bending will also be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For immediate consideration, contact Michael Powder (Recruiting Manager) via text / phone at 470-389-9925.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.