Adecco Creative & Marketing is recruiting for LOFT's exciting new Design Coordinator (dresses & skirts) role! The position is based in NYC and is FT Freelance with potential for growth for the right candidate.
The Designer Assistant is responsible for a variable amount of design, development and selection of materials, silhouettes, colors and patterns for a specific classification or area. The position embodies the company's Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, embracing diversity in all facets of the role and representing a hunger for knowledge and responsibility. Assists in fabric research, development and fabricates basic core items seeing garments through to production.
• Serve as liaison between Design, Product Development, Technical Design and Merchandising to ensure information flow is accurate throughout the development process
• Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal clients across departments and divisions
• Manage technical package process, to include drawings, measurements and design detail specifications, as well as hand-off to Product Development
o Thorough knowledge of the line (silhouettes, yarns/fabrics and design details) and for tracking changes/additions
o Design archives library
o Specification sheets, trim sheets and pitch sheets
• Participate in concept review and line building recaps, in addition to line review
• Coordinate all changes from Line Review and communicate to cross-functional teams at Line Review recap
• Generate design ideas
• Assist with:
o Identifying seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility
o Design Presentation Boards; Research competitive market and present results and deductions to Designer
• In Designer's absence, conduct fit sessions (first through fourth fits) and keep supervisor informed
• Interface professionally and work effectively in group settings
• Mentor, coach and counsel direct reports on performance expectations (when applicable)
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a design assistant
• BA, Associates degree, or equivalent in Design
• Creative and innovative design ability tailored to the brand aesthetic and client
• Strong sketching and illustration ability
• Strong fashion, color and print sense
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Highly organized with capacity to anticipate change
• Knowledge of design specifications (ex. draping, pattern-making and CAD software)
• Proficient in Photoshop, Excel and Illustrator
If this sounds like you, please Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.