Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator
Posted: January 27, 2017
Reference ID: 156832475
Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for an experienced Logistics Coordinator in Greenleaf, Id. This position is a temporary to hire job opportunity. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of project transportation which includes processing appropriate paperwork and data and monitoring project releases, revisions and changes of project.
If you meet the qualifications listed below please go to www.adeccousa.com and click Apply Now in the upper right hand corner!
Responsibilities for Logistics Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Compile project information using customer purchase order requirements to separate items per fabricator/subcontractor and project kit/field material into shippable cases.
- Collect package contents and dimensions and weight from custom control leads and create the shipment documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare all required shipping documents for project shipments based on project/customer purchase order requirements.
- Maintain updated project folders by placing all shipping documents produced and received in one consolidated folder ensuring accurate and accessible record keeping of all logistics activities.
- Report that status of the jobs and shipment timelines to the customer timely and accurately.
- Obtain freight rate quotes and assigns freight based on schedule limitations and total freight cost to assure savings for the company.
- Monitor project revisions on a daily basis in order to maintain up to date changes for sipping/casing of new, deleted or revised items.
- Arrange shipping for projects that have short-shipped/NCR material and expedites if necessary.
- Report daily project activity by updating project status on company schedule.
- Participate in a cooperative and service oriented manner with internal customers and outside customers and carriers.
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read drawings preferred.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
Education, Training & Certification: High School diploma or GED equivalency required. Associate's degree preferred.
Experience: One to three years logistics experience required.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers.
Go to www.adeccousa.com and click on Apply Now to be considered for this position or any other Receptionist related job opportunities with Adecco.
Adecco is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled