Growth Opportunities for Logistics and Supply Chain Leaders
- Do you currently lead a successful Supply Chain/Logistics operation?
- Have you been able to successfully leverage relationships to achieve common goals as a team?
- Would you like to work with some of the world's leading brands and implement creative solutions to solve problems and enhance efficiencies?
Leading companies from around the globe choose Penske Logistics to optimize their expansive and increasingly complex supply chains. Our customers benefit from Penske Logistics' years of experience applying practical creativity to develop optimal logistics solutions. This successful partnership is built upon our people's ability to effectively collaborate with customers in a culture of proactive continuous improvement. Penske serves customers in a variety of industries including: consumer products; industrial manufacturing; automotive; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; high tech and electronics; retail; chemical; publishing and packaging.
Penske Logistics is growing and we seek experienced supply chain professionals to join our team. If you have demonstrated, successful, experience with Dedicated Contract Carriage or Distribution Center Management we are interested in speaking with you!
By applying to this position and answering a few short questions, our recruiters will have access to your info in our database. Qualified and interested individuals will be contacted to discuss opportunities and your experience.
- Operations Manager: This position provides direction at a single location, leading staff to ensure customer requirements are met while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. This role is responsible for operations, people, safety, and finances. Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years running a warehouse or distribution operations. Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or business preferred.
- Senior Operations Manager: Similar in function to the above position, this role expands the scope to include a large single site or multiple locations. Leveraging a team, this role is focused on successful business operations and customer satisfaction. Individuals will be skilled in managing or creating strong processes to assure successful achievement of all contractual obligations. The position has high visibility both internally and externally and will require interaction with customer. Qualified candidates will have 5 or more years in large site or multi-site experience.
- General Manager: Primary objective is to ensure each location is operating efficiently based on Penske's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained. This position will build account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing operations managers on continuous improvement opportunities. Responsible for new business sales growth and account management / retention of existing business. Qualified candidates will have 8-10 years of progressive experience in the supply chain and logistics operations, account management experience preferred.
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans
-8 - 10 years related logistics experience required
-5 - 8 years managerial experience, including multi-site P&L responsibility required
-Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required
-Master's or advanced degree preferred.
-Customer Relationship management, including demonstrated sales success with existing business required
-Project Management, including operations start-up and/or closedown experience preferred
-Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling, use of routing, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications preferred
-Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience (Transportation, Warehouse, Lead Logistics Provider, etc) preferred
-Multi-level presentation & communication skills (internally and externally) required
-Strong Financial Experience and Problem Solving / Process Improvement skills required
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.