Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Logistics Coordinator- SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
The position's primary responsibilities are control and coordination of the District inventory operation.
• Maintain simple databases and/or spreadsheets
• Ensure all products and services are procured on time
• Track orders through final delivery and communicate availability of orders
• Manage 'at risk" orders by troubleshooting with suppliers and internal customers
• Source and requisition parts, logistics and supply-chain management and inventory control
• Coordinate the supply and distribution of materials and goods used by the service department
• Support the logistics strategies to optimize product delivery from the suppliers to the service technicians
• Responsible for developing, analyzing, optimizing and standardizing the logistics and distribution processes and systems
• Operate across multiple functions and interface with internal stakeholders to improve the distribution network design and inventory positions/allocations
• Receive requests for materials via email, decide if the request should generate a transfer vs. ordering, and prepare purchase requisitions to support our service organization
• Responsible for leading/coordinating initiatives by identifying best practices and utilizing processes improvement methodologies to improve operating efficiency and delivery services
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
• High School or equivalent required
• Associates Degree or higher preferred
• Attention to detail is required to be successful
• Ability to regularly lift 70+ pounds, equipment and tools
• Computer skills are needed, in addition to accurate typing skills
• 3-5 years' experience in warehouse operations or logistics analyst capacity
• Excellent communication, written and verbal required, as well as good math aptitude
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.