Adecco has an immediate opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator in Christiansburg, VA. The Logistics Coordinator ensures on-time pickup and delivery of outbound Vehicle Off Road material to dealer network to support the aftermarket deliveries that cannot be completed by the Distribution Centers. Ensure on-time pickup and delivery of inbound material to Production facilities and Distribution Centers. Respond to market and operational changes with agility and high reliability. Minimize day-to-day operational disruptions to the supply chain.
• Book and secure capacity for loading for outgoing shipments from Volvo Trucks North America production plant
• Transport Network control and Monitoring of day to day outgoing shipments Control and monitoring the day to day Traffic of inbound and outbound shipments.
• Communicate to carrier base full and empty trailers on Production and Warehouse lots.
• Ensure carriers are performing to meet operational needs and take corrective actions as deviations are detected.
• Secure carrier adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Measure, follow-up and improve carrier performance through carrier KPI's.
• Responsible to contribute to continuous improvement within the Traffic department, focusing on stability of the Supply Chain.
• Responsible to support a Lean culture.
• Act proactively upon information to provide a high operational service level to customers.
• Act to resolve problems and escalate problems through proper channels.
• Order extra capacity when agreed lead time cannot be met.
• Record and analyze deviations recorded looking for trends, and then proactively suggest preventative actions.
• Contribute to improvements of quality to reach set targets for service levels agreed in SOP and contracts.
• Carry after-hours cell phone and perform after-hours duties as necessary.
Experience: Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
• BS degree in Logistics or Business preferred or equivalent experience
• 2 - 3 years logistics and/or warehouse facilities experience preferred
• Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred
Preferred experience and knowledge
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Transport Management System ATLAS
• Demonstrated commitment to process development, implementation, and improvement initiatives through collaboration with multiple functions/teams
• Energy and commitment to drive and produce results, quickly
• Knowledgeable in Transport industry laws
• Driver and rest regulations, Measurement and weight restrictions, Hazardous Goods declarations, Safety regulations, Environment restrictions
• Knowledgeable in Mode of transports
• Road FTL, Road LTL, Road Express, Short Sea, Deep Sea, Air, Rail
• Strong cross-functional team player, with focus on customer service and quality.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is required.
Interested candidates please apply online www.adeccousa or call 540.951.0841 to speak with someone.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.