What you will do
Responsible for developing a logistics strategy to optimize product delivery to customers. Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Operates across multiple functions and interfaces with internal and external customers and suppliers
The position's primary responsibilities are control and coordination of the District inventory operation.
How you will do it
Scope includes, but not limited to receipts on the ACE inventory system and ACE PO Browser, transfer of all material within sub-inventories, transfer of material to Job Cost. Responsible for all inventory control processes, procedures and practices with accountability for total District inventory accuracy, and complying with all Sarbanes/Oxley regulations.
Essential position Responsibilities
• Receive PO's - Service
• Order Job Specific Forms
• Quarterly Cycle Count of perpetual Electronic Inventory
• Annual Physical Inventory - Full count of Electronic and Suppression Products
• Facility Maintenance
• Ship and receive material daily.
• Keep warehouse organized and conduct daily EHS Warehouse visual inspection
• Maintains all shipping and receipts logs.
• Mail - Receive and Log Checks that arrive at district
• Records management - Maintain Iron Mountain Records
• Shred Service - Coordinate Shred Pickups and Collections
• Key Control - Office Keys and Vehicle Keys (coordinate with Fleet Specialist)
• Understanding and execution of procedures and processes for receipts, issues and transfer of all materials. (Includes, but not limited to)
• Notify Project Coordinators that Job Cost project materials have arrived.
• Receive materials in ACE per ACE PO Browser screen.
• Transfers inventory to TR sub-inventories, other Districts, or Job Costing.
• Reconciliation of material from Job Cost and Customer credit returns.
• Reconciles miss-shipments of material with TSP, vendors or carriers.
• Coordinates all RMA requests, processes and credit return to TSP or vendors for Excess, Warranty, or Repair material.
• Maintain all hard copy paper flows to validate that transfers are accounted for properly within ACE.
• Maintain & monitor inventory integrity.
• Assist Material coordinator where needed.
• Perform other duties as directed. appropriate processes to protect District assets from damage, theft and loss.
Ancillary Position Functions:
• Works with Dispatcher's to reconcile TR sub-inventory problems when errors arise during the Service Request TASK closing process.
1. Identify areas of improvement or non-compliance with processes.
2. Training of back up personnel to ensure seamless inventory operation during times when the Logistics Coordinator is out of the office.
3. Assist District Purchase agents, as requested.
4. Assist District management to ensure that ACE user forms are filled out correctly and completely.
5. Check in and stage equipment and inform the appropriate parties.
6. Review and correct negative inventory report and strive to reduce.
7. Manage the District Fleet Program.
What we look for
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent verbal, mathematic and written skills
Effective decision making skills
Attention to detail and accuracy
Fluent with Microsoft Office.
Education, Experience and Certifications/Licenses:
Associates Degree or higher preferred
Who are we
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please emailSpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.