The North America Beverages (NAB) Supply Chain Operations group provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. We are proud to say that PepsiCo has one of the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain environments in all of North America. This role provides an opportunity to begin a career at PepsiCo with unlimited growth potential. The areas of focus for this position are designed to build future leaders within our organization and groom candidates for executive leadership roles.
The NAB Transportation HQ team provides strategic planning, analytics, and field support of the +$1B annual freight spend associated with the Pepsi, Gatorade, Quaker, Tropicana, and Naked Juice brands. It is a high-performing team, responsible for building strategies that guide and influence productivity, cash flow benefits, investment/capital needs.
The HQ Transportation Associate Manager will collaborate with partners in the field and across various supply chain divisions to execute freight payment management and oversight, as well delivering a strategic productivity agenda.
This individual will have exposure to NAB's senior Supply Chain leadership team. A successful candidate will bring an analytical and reporting skill set to solving reporting and compliance issues for the supply chain function.
This role manages the Freight Payment organization, a team of 12 associates, responsible for the financial relationship with our 3rd party (common) carriers and our 3rd party Freight Payment Company, CASS. The role supports this capability for both the QG and PBC organizations providing cross sector exposure. The individual will work closely with supply chain mangers and finance managers, requiring cross functional collaboration and influence to ensure effective management of Freight Payment. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ensure accurate freight payment to carriers.
- Ensure accurate freight cost application and reporting.
- Ensure accurate accrual for shipped but unpaid freight.
- Manage relationship with carrier partners (billing & payment).
- Manage relationship with 3rd party Freight Payment organization.
- Ensure proper (SOx compliant) freight payment processes are maintained.
- Ensure proper alignment with financial reporting.
- Manage Freight Payment team Associates and assignments.
- Ensure freight payment KPI's are being met and drive productivity
- 3-4 years Supply Chain / Freight Payment / Finance experience, as well as working knowledge of transportation policies and processes.
- Understanding of PepsiCo procurement, accounting or logistics processes is preferred.
- Financial background or Financial understanding (accounting & variance explanation) is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, with a passion for process improvement.
- Strong people management experience, especially large teams (5 people +)
- Understanding of different freight payment modes and associated cost structures and operations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Previous SAP experience is a plus (Shipment document & shipment cost document a plus).
- College degree or a minimum of 2-5 years' experience
- Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time.
Influencing & Communication Skills:
- Motivation: Self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- Analytical Rigor & Financial Acumen: Strong financial acumen and ability to conduct in-depth analytic work.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: Ability to define business problems and frameworks, and discern what is important.
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability and passion for creative, out of the box thinking to develop and vet solutions for the business, as well as a willingness to question the status quo and generally accepted beliefs.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbal and written; ability to influence others and communicate
Not Eligible for Relocation