World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers' business goals. With 2,000 associates across 50 countries in 140 company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
General Summary: To prepare all paperwork necessary for customs clearance.
- Monitor inbound flight monitor to identify shipments requiring clearance into the USA
- Communicate with clients regarding the clearance status of shipments.
- Preparing customs entries for US Customs, DEA, FDA, USDA, CDC, Fish and Wildlife, RLF, and Inbond etc. (hard copy and electronically)
- Printing import documents to be utilized in customs entries
- Rating shipments (using the US Harmonized Tariff code book) for Customs clearance.
- Communicate with Domestic Customer Service the clearance status of shipments to agent locations
- Assisting brokers with paperwork
- Maintain and update the Client Broker list
- Billing and entry of charges into World Star
- Sending required A1A documents to importers and preparing required WCB recordkeeping copies of entry documents
- To keep current and understand all SOP
- Maintain Power of Attorney records
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Normally requires two (2) to three (3) years' experience in a related field.
- Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of the ABI system and entry process
- Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and other WC offices (team player)
- Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with US customs, DEA, USDA, FDA, CDC and US Fish and Wildlife
- Communicate professionally via phone and e-mail with clients regarding the status of their shipments.
- Pleasant personality and professional demeanor, flexibility with schedule as World Courier Business is a 24 hour operation
- Overtime may be required
- Clerks with a valid Certified Customs Specialist certification (CCS) must obtain the require 20 points for annual training for renewal
SHIFT: World Courier is a 24 hour operation, must remain flexible with schedule.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.