Praxair is a Fortune 250 company and the products and technology impact in more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking a Logistics Planner in Tonawanda, NY. The Logistics Planner is one of the key members of the National Planning team. Logistics Planners are responsible for distribution planning, system planning, and the execution of these plans. These functions are described below in more detail. Distribution Planning and Execution:
- Manage bulk gas inventories at Praxair customers; fully utilize the computer-aided planning tools developed by Praxair; Develop a schedule for the daily distribution of products to customers that ensures 100% supply reliability at the lowest possible cost. Notify management of any situations that may affect customer supply and seek appropriate action if additional resources are required.
- Ensure that all deliveries comply with Praxair's Quality Assurance program, as well as, all applicable regulatory programs. Initiate Quality Incidents and Near Misses when applicable.
- Ensure that all planning supports Praxair's safety goals.
- Receive incoming telephone calls from customers and/or drivers and take appropriate actions in response.
- Monitor incoming satellite messages from drivers and take appropriate actions in response.
- Book drivers on tours, when applicable, in accordance with all contractual agreements and DOT regulations.
- Daily review of vehicle/driver resources to manage current demand. Review current plan vehicle utilization and driver utilization to determine ability to "share" resources within the overall system to maintain supply at the minimum total cost.
- Daily review of plant inventory levels, plant operating status, scheduled outages, key customer demand and distribution resource status to adjust operational plans at the tactical level.
- Interact with drivers and driver supervisors on logistics matters. Author Fleet Effectiveness reports, when appropriate; designated Logistics Planners may review and respond to Trip Effectiveness reports.
- Identify and modify inaccuracies in the data in Praxair's Advanced Logistics System (PALS) associated with customer, driver, and vehicle profiles and transactions.
- Identify opportunities to improve volume per trip, reduce miles per trip, reduce deliveries to "full" tanks, and minimize driver delay hours using standardized reports and tools.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree with 2 years logistics/supply chain experience
- Logistics Planners work in Praxair's North American Logistics Center in Tonawanda, NY 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
- Current openings are for evening and/or night shifts.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.